There’s No Rick Ross on the New Tarantino Film’s Soundtrack
We regret to inform you the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood soundtrack stays true to the movie’s time period.
You may have heard that there’s a new Quentin Tarantino movie coming out next week, and you may not be surprised to learn that it’s really long, full of men who talk a lot, and a “love letter” to some bygone era of twentieth century America.
That era, specifically, is the 1960s, and if its marketing campaign has thus far failed to inform you of this, the film’s newly announced official soundtrack is here to help. Handpicked by Tarantino himself, the songs (and vintage radio ads) that comprise the album do plenty to recreate the mindset of the turn-on-tune-in-drop-out decade, featuring the soaring hard rock riffs of Deep Purple, iconic pop numbers from Simon & Garfunkel and Neil Diamond, and a handful of deep cuts my parents will probably yell at me for being unable to recognize.
The Columbia Records–released soundtrack drops tomorrow, July 26, on the same day Once Upon a Time in Hollywood hits theaters nationwide. Below is the full listing of all thirty-one songs, as well as a trailer for the film.
You can pre-order a digital version of the album here, or, for the full ’60s experience, wait for it to arrive on vinyl.
Once Upon a Time In… Hollywood Soundtrack Tracklising:
- Treat Her Right – Roy Head & The Traits
- Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man – The Bob Seger System
Boss Radio feat. Humble Harve:
- Hush – Deep Purple
- Mug Root Beer Advertisement
- Hector – The Village Callers
- Son of a Lovin’ Man – Buchanan Brothers
- Paxton Quigley’s Had the Course (from the MGM film Three in the Attic) – Chad & Jeremy
- Tanya Tanning Butter Advertisement
- Good Thing – Paul Revere & The Raiders
- Hungry – Paul Revere & the Raiders
- Choo Choo Train – The Box Tops
- Jenny Take a Ride – Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels
- Kentucky Woman – Deep Purple
- The Circle Game – Buffy Sainte-Marie
Boss Radio feat. The Real Don Steele:
- Mrs. Robinson – Simon & Garfunkel
- Numero Uno Advertisement
- Bring a Little Lovin’ – Los Bravos
- Suddenly / Heaven Sent Advertisement
- Vagabond High School Reunion
- KHJ Los Angeles Weather Report
- The Illustrated Man Advertisement / Ready For Action
- Hey Little Girl – Dee Clark
- Summer Blonde Advertisement
- Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show – Neil Diamond
- Don’t Chase Me Around (from the MGM film GAS-S-S-S) – Robert Corff
- Mr. Sun, Mr. Moon – Paul Revere & the Raiders (feat. Mark Lindsay)
- California Dreamin’ – Jose Feliciano
- Dinamite Jim (English Version) – I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni
- You Keep Me Hangin’ On (Quentin Tarantino Edit) – Vanilla Fudge
- Miss Lily Langtry (cue from The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean) – Maurice Jarre
- KHJ Batman Promotion