(Los Angeles, California)
FLOOD is looking for editorial interns who are passionate about music, film, television, food/drink, technology, fashion, video games, sports, literature, and just about anything else under the sun. Interns will work side by side with FLOOD editors on a daily basis with responsibilities that include researching and writing news posts, transcribing interviews, assisting at FLOOD events, and copy-editing reviews and features, in addition to various office duties. This is not a “get our coffee/make copies” kind of position: we’re looking for applicants who are interested in a unique learning experience and gaining editorial skills for the future.
Editorial interns work fifteen to twenty hours a week (two to three days a week) at FLOOD HQ in Los Angeles. The internship runs in three cycles per year: Winter/Spring (January–May), Summer (June–August), and Fall/Holiday (September–December). FLOOD does not provide travel or housing assistance for internships. Interns must be able to receive academic credit for completing this internship. Note: this is an unpaid position.
– Currently pursuing a college degree in journalism, writing, English, or any other related field
– Currently within/planning to be in an academically sanctioned internship program
– Strong background in writing and the editorial process
– Working knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
– Ability to travel to the FLOOD offices in Los Angeles two to three times a week
Please send us your resume, three to five writing samples (preferably across a few different subjects a la our website categories), and a brief cover letter that includes your favorite albums, films, TV shows, and books from the past year.
– Winter/Spring 2016: January 31
– Summer 2016: April 6
– Fall/Holiday 2016: August 22
Send your completed application to the attention of senior editor Marty Sartini Garner at email@example.com
No calls, please.