Third Man Records and Light in the Attic to Release Children’s Compilation LP and Turntable
The album features Vashti Bunyan, Harry Nilsson, Nina Simone, Woody Guthrie, Jerry Garcia, Shel Silverstein, Kermit the Frog, and more.
In an effort to expand his vinyl empire by way of early recruitment, Jack White‘s Third Man Records is teaming up with Light in the Attic to release a kid’s compilation adorably titled This Record Belongs To ________. The album features contributions by Vashti Bunyan, Harry Nilsson, Nina Simone, Woody Guthrie, Jerry Garcia, Shel Silverstein, and Kermit the Frog himself.
The compilation, which comes out November 6, comes with an original full-color storybook. This Record will also be available as a bundle along with a portable, lightweight record player.
According to a press release, the storybook—illustrated by Jess Rotter—”tells the tale of five forest pals who find a mysterious object—a round, flat disc that they proceed to investigate. The animal friends finally solve the mystery and learn how to play a record and let their bodies move to the groove (within the grooves).”
To unlock the secret powers of the mysterious round object, you’ll have to get a copy for yourself. Head here to preorder the album, which is available as CD, standard LP, or “Gender Equality” split blue and pink LP.
Check out the full track list and cover art below.
This Record Belongs To ______tracklist
1. Shel Silverstein – Invitation
2. Van Dyke Parks – Occapella
3. Carole King – One Was Johnny
4. Harry Nilsson – The Town
5. Harry Nilsson – Me And My Arow
6. The Pointer Sisters – Pinball Number Count
7. Woody Guthrie – Dance Around
8. Jerry Garcia & David Grisman – Jenny Jenkins
9. Roger Miller – Oo-De-Lally
10. Bobby Bare – Daddy What If
11. Ella Jenkins – Pretty Trees Around The World
12. Nina Simone – You Can Sing A Rainbow
13. Vashti Bunyan – Diamond Day
14. Donovan – The Mandolin Man And His Secret
15. Miss Abrams & The Strawberry Point 4th Grade Class – Running In The Garden
16. Kermit The Frog – Rainbow Connection
This Record Belongs To ________ is out November 6 on Third Man/Light in the Attic.