Joyful Noise Announces Rarity Compilation and Auction to Benefit Thomas Fekete of Surfer Blood
Guided By Voices, Yo La Tengo, Real Estate, Lou Barlow, Cults, Sleigh Bells, Sharon Van Etten, and more have contributed unreleased tracks and items to benefit Fekete’s cancer treatment.
Back in April, we were given the very sad news that Surfer Blood guitarist Thomas Fekete was suffering from a rare, aggressive form of cancer known as a sarcoma. The bright spot of the story was that many, many people came out of the woodworks to show their support, and over $50,000 was raised via Kickstarter to help pay for the costs of his medical fees.
As Fekete soldiers on into a new stage of his treatment, Surfer Blood’s label Joyful Noise has put together an all-star auction and download campaign in his name, consisting of a collection of unreleased tracks being sold as one-of-a-kind lathe-cut records, as well as unique items from a variety of musicians being sold on eBay. All the tracks have also been compiled as a digital download that’s available for a donation of $10 or more.
You can check out the full list of songs below, and see details on the lathe cut and special item auctions here.
Thomas Fekete Benefit Compilation tracklist
1. Guided By Voices – “Motor Away” (live)
2. Yo La Tengo – “Can’t Forget” (live)
3. Cults – “Hurting”
4. Real Estate – “Talking Backwards” (demo)
5. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – “Between These Boys” (demo)
6. Lou Barlow – “Sunshine / Money / Thirsty”
7. The Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger – “Rainbows In Gasoline” (unreleased version)
8. Nick Diamonds – “Be A Comedian”
9. Julianna Barwick – “Promise”
10. Alex Somers – “Well”
11. The Drums – “Help Him”
12. …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead – “F Train”
13. Surfer Blood – “Tidal Wave” (demo)