It’s New Order like you’ve never heard them before. The post-punk electronic music legends have announced details for ∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So it goes.., a new live album with an unpronounceable title expected to drop on July 12.
RELATED: Watch New Order Perform “Ceremony” in 1981
The album was recorded at the 2017 Manchester International Festival in collaboration with visual artist Liam Gillick and a twelve-piece synthesizer orchestra. The show featured synth-heavy versions of New Order classics, as well as a number of rarities that hadn’t been performed in over thirty years. The night marked New Order’s first-ever live performance of Joy Division’s “Disorder.” See the complete tracklist below.
This performance location has special significance for the band, as they played at Studio 1 of Manchester’s iconic Old Granada Studios, the same studio where Joy Division made their television debut performing “Shadowplay” on the Granada Reports program in 1978.
The announcement arrives with the first track from the release: “Sub-Culture,” as remixed by the synth orchestra. Check it out below.
∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So it goes.. Tracklist:
- Times Change (Live at MIF)
- Who’s Joe (Live at MIF)
- Dream Attack (Live at MIF)
- Disorder (Live at MIF)
- Ultraviolence (Live at MIF)
- In A Lonely Place (Live at MIF)
- All Day Long (Live at MIF)
- Shellshock (Live at MIF)
- Guilt Is A Useless Emotion (Live at MIF)
- Subculture (Live at MIF)
- Bizarre Love Triangle (Live at MIF)
- Vanishing Point (Live at MIF)
- Plastic (Live at MIF)
- Your Silent Face (Live at MIF)
- Decades (Live at MIF)
- Elegia (Live at MIF)
- Heart & Soul (Live at MIF)
- Behind Closed Doors (Live at MIF)